Yes, this is my entire Hot Wheels collection...

By
Advertisement

Holiday weekends can be a nice thing.

You start with all kinds of excitement, with a well thought-out plan of all the great things you are going to accomplish.  By the time it is done, you are more tired then when the weekend started, and you didn't accomplish all you had hoped.

So this time I kept is simple.  Among fireworks and grills and what not, I had one job.  That job was to organize my Hot Wheels collection.  And by golly I did it.  DONE!


It took a good part of two days, but it is done.  I have a lot of cars, but many are extras I acquired for one reason or another.  And if you are following the eBay sales I am doing with my daughter, you know I am trying to get rid of most, if not all of my extras.  I just want what I actually want to keep.


The actual Hot Wheels collection I have is very streamlined.  Loose only, and only of models I really want.  And when you look at the actual collection, trends emerge.  There are a few models that I give the completist approach, and they are diverse.  From the Datsun Wagon to the Gran Torino Sport to the '55 Gasser to the BMW 2002.  There are others I just want one or two examples, and that usually means the first release, which typically based on a more stock design or color.  And with very few exceptions, I only want one of each.

I sold off all of my variations, except for those I opened, so they are there, but other than that, all I am keeping is what is in my Jammer cases.

And oh does it feel good.  I am freeing up space, and starting to feel the collection is not the burden I sometimes appears to be.  With cards gone, the entire collection, along with my Matchbox and TLV collections, fit in my office closet.  Peace and joy.  I am at one with my collection...

It was also a blast to go through things.  It was fun to take a look at some of the models I hadn't thought about it awhile, and it was cool to see all versions together.  There is no doubt Hot Wheels has done some awesome stuff the last few years.




So here it is.  My entire Hot Wheels collection.  As I photographed it I realized there are a couple of holes to fill, but for the most part this is it.  Now to add one here and one there as more stuff is released...

I organize alphabetically by carmaker, and keep each casting together chronologically.

Enjoy.























































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Wheels (128) Matchbox (90) First Look (61) 2015 Hot Wheels (52) 2016 Matchbox (44) 2016 Hot Wheels (43) Japan Booster (27) Wheel Collectors (27) Matchbox Gathering (25) 2015 Matchbox (24) Tomica Limited Vintage (24) Just Unveiled (21) New Models (21) Nissan (20) Lamley YouTube (19) Case Report (16) Super TH (16) BMW (15) Skyline (15) Toyota (13) Cars Modification (12) Kyosho (12) JDM (11) Datsun (10) Ferrari (10) Lamley News (10) police vehicles (10) Lamley Customs (9) Porsche (9) as is the custom 2 (9) Case Unboxing (8) Dodge (8) Golden Age of Matchbox (8) pickups (8) Ambassador Report (7) Car Culture (7) Ford (7) Greenlight (7) Just Released (7) Matchbox Ambassador (7) VW (7) variation alert (7) 2017 Matchbox (6) Larry Scaduto (6) Mazda (6) Mini Cooper (6) Mustang (6) RLC (6) Tesla (6) customs (6) Alfa Romeo (5) Cadillac (5) Corvette (5) Hakosuka (5) Honda (5) Lamley Sale (5) Minivans Custom (5) Zamac (5) variations (5) Acura (4) Land Rover (4) Mercedes-Benz (4) Retro Entertainment (4) Subaru (4) Volkswagen (4) hobbyDB (4) preproduction (4) wagons (4) Audi (3) Breaking Bad (3) Camaro (3) Carney Plastics (3) Chevy (3) Cool is Cool is Cool (3) Curitiba Customs (3) DLM (3) Datsun 510 (3) Diecast Storage (3) Euro Style (3) Extreme car modification (3) Ford GT (3) Gran Turismo (3) Hot Wheels Heritage (3) Hot Wheels Hunting (3) Japan Historics (3) Japanese Nostalgic Car (3) Jay Kho (3) Lamborghini (3) Mack (3) Mopar (3) New Model (3) R34 (3) Super Silhouette (3) Tomica (3) diecast displays (3) finds (3) fire vehicles (3) prototype (3) unboxing (3) 1/43 (2) 2014 Hot Wheels (2) 2014 Matchbox (2) 5-pack (2) A Tale of Two (2) A&J Toys (2) Aoshima (2) Aston Martin (2) Auto World (2) Carriage House Models (2) Datsun 510 Day (2) Ethan (2) Falken (2) Fiat (2) Grachan (2) Hitch & Tow (2) Ignition Models (2) Isuzu (2) Japan (2) Jeff Koch (2) Jun Imai (2) Lamley Finds (2) Majorette (2) Matchbox Best of the World (2) Mattel (2) Miguel Lopez (2) Mitsubishi (2) Model of the Day (2) NYPD (2) Pop Culture (2) Prepros (2) RLC exclusive (2) Road Trippin (2) Seibu Keisatsu (2) Sterling Protectors (2) Superfast (2) The Simpsons (2) Tokyo Auto Salon 2010 (2) Tomica Premium (2) UCC Coffee (2) Volvo (2) Wagon (2) Walmart (2) error (2) no tampo (2) 2017 Hot Wheels (1) AE86 (1) Airstream (1) AnMinh To (1) Anime Cars (1) Auto Salon (1) BRE (1) Bburago (1) Best of the RLC (1) Boulevard (1) Challenger SRT-8 (1) Charawheels (1) Chevelle (1) Chevrolet (1) Chrysler (1) Comic Con (1) Cool Classics (1) Creative Options Case (1) Custom Star Wars Van (1) Custom classics with a modern twist. (1) DR30 (1) Daytona Coupe Le Mans Edition (1) Dekotora (1) Delorean (1) Derek Albert (1) Dirk Schleuer (1) FDNY (1) Facebook (1) Facebook Live (1) First43 (1) Fisker (1) Fukuoka Auto Salon (1) GEMR (1) Ghe-O (1) Gift Packs (1) Grandturismo (1) Gulf (1) Gumpert Car (1) Holden Sandman Concept (1) Holy Grail (1) Honda Odyssey (1) Hot Pursuit (1) Hot Wheels Convention (1) Initial D (1) JDM Legends (1) Jaguar (1) Jeep (1) Johnny Lightning (1) Jurassic Park (1) Kool Kombi (1) Lamley Charities (1) Lamley Deal (1) Lamley Fundraising (1) Lotus (1) Maisto (1) Maserati (1) Matchbox Custom Contest (1) Matchox (1) Mercedes (1) Mercury (1) Michael Heralda (1) Mistubishi (1) Modelmatic (1) My Collection (1) National Parks (1) Nissan Isuzu (1) Nissan Jam (1) Nitto Tire (1) Phil Rielhman (1) Pierce (1) Playsets (1) Plymouth (1) Promo models (1) RLC Preview (1) RTE (1) RV (1) Range Rover (1) Renault (1) Robert Graves (1) Routemaster Bus (1) Ryu Asada (1) Sammy Fox (1) Sema 2010 Auto Concept (1) Silvia (1) South Texas (1) Super TH Experiment (1) Superlift (1) Supreme Heroes (1) T-hunted (1) Target (1) Taxi (1) Tomica Limted Vintage (1) Toyota F3r Concept Car (1) Toys R Us (1) Trucks (1) Vans (1) Veritas RS 111 (1) Viper (1) as is the custom (1) bosozoku (1) buses (1) fakes (1) mail-in (1) multipack (1) off-road (1) variations in car (1) wheels (1)